It takes an hour to get to Tokyo Shibamata from Narita Airport. It is a very beautiful town with plenty of festivals and traditional eateries.
- “Tora-san no Yube” (Tora-san’s Evening)
- “Uchimizu Daisakusen” (Water Sprinkling Operation)
- “Mitama Matsuri” (The Spirit of the Dead Festival)
- “Torasan Matsuri” (Tora-san Festival)
- “Taisho Roman Shibamata Yoi Matsuri” (Shibamata Evening Festival of Taisho Romanticism)
- “Shibamata Hachiman Jinja Omatsuri” (Shibamata Hachiman Shrine Festival)
- “Ryujinsai” (Dragon God Festival)
- “Oeshiki” (Memorial Service)
- “Susu-barai” (House cleaning)
- “Oomisoka” (New Year’s Eve)
Check out Shinabata’s festivals next time you’re in Tokyo!